Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS New Portfolio Website, any feedback (additional ideas) would be helpful?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nigeldunkley

Hi there,

I haven’t been using CSS too long but have built two webites in the last week to learn as good as possible.

I was wondering if someone might be able to give me some feedback on the most recent site.

Design is simple due to it being a portfilio site, but if you have any suggestions, I’m very open to crit.

Cheers:
    http://www.nigeldunkley.com

rickylamerz

Hey Nigel Dunkley,

It’s not to bad! I like the menu. It works very well. Although me personally would like to see a different Font and I would lose that BG.

And I don’t know if it’s me but the audio doesn’t seem to be working. Try using embedded .swf players. I use’m often and they work pretty darn good.

nigeldunkley

@Ricky
    Thanks a lot,
    For some reason the audio takes around 8 seconds to load. Possibly because its uploaded to Dropbox and thats where it retrieves the file. The audio player I have is Jquery/SWF and works fine locally, but when I go through the server it takes time.

I agree about the font, but there are so few that I like!
    Which SWF players do you use?

Cheers.
    N

nigeldunkley

Alright fellas, thanks for the feedback. Have changed the BG for something less suggestive and a bit more minimal.

hope its better!?!

clokey2k
    Participant

I would think about changing the text justification for the ‘Keep in Touch’ section. Having the text stretch is leaving large whitespace. Justify right maybe? or decrease the font size?

I am really liking any grey-scale site at the moment, so thumbs up for that from me!

nigeldunkley

Thanks man, I’ll def change the 1st sidebar text

I was already having doubts about this.
    :)

First of all, nice site! BUT, I am concerned about some inconsistencies on your copy. I know it has little to do with CSS, or this might not be what you’re asking feedback on, but I’m feeling a bit giddy about your headers.

On your homepage, for example, you have 3 different types of headers: “KEEP IN TOUCH”, “intro:”, and “Current Projects:” – one is ALL CAPS, another is small caps (with a colon), and another which is Title Case (with a colon again). Maybe you want to just choose one style and use that for all of your headings. :-)

nigeldunkley

@CricketLaChica,
    Thanks for the crit.
    I’ve changed the text as you suggested and also evened out the padding in the divs, so hopefully the two sidebars look a bit cleaner.

As far as the headers, I think you mean the jquery sliders on the image pages? If so, I agree theyre a bit too much, but I didn’t want the big gaping white hole!?! I think I was hoping noone would notice the cheapshot :)

Thanks again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.