Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS new line in ul li

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dionisis
    Participant

hi all,

I am wondering on how can force a new line in ul li. The site is michas-watches.gr/mens-watches and i want to break the side menu from

Customer’s watches

to

Customer’s
    watches

thank’s in advance..

Paulie_D

If that’s ** all** you want just use a <br> break tag. No need to get fancy sometimes.

__
    Participant
    <br>

However, why do you need to do this? If something constrains the width of the li, the text should wrap automatically just fine.

Paulie_D

Perhaps he likes the current width but it won’t force a break. It’s a choice.

Paulie_D

That said there is 40px of padding-left on the anchor tag and the bg image isn’t really positioned to the far right.

If you adjust those it looks fine.

dionisis
    Participant

hi all and thank you for your help. I am trying to position the bg image to the far right but no luck. And then i will fix the li to break into new line which seems to be ok testing with firebug..

Paulie_D

The ‘arrow’ is quite far right so you’d have to adjust the width of the anchor

#block-menu-menu-menswatchesmenu ul li a, 
    #block-menu-menu-womenswatchesmenu ul li a, 
    #block-menu-menu-gold14kmenu ul li a, 
    #block-menu-menu-gold18kmenu ul li a, 
    #block-menu-menu-asimimenu ul li a {
    display: block;
    width: 63%;  /* HERE */
    background: url(/sites/all/themes/fusion/fusion_starter/images/arrow.png) no-repeat 95% 50%;
    padding-left: 40px;
    }

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.