Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New Design!! Feedback Requested

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

Here is design I created from an earlier design. Just looking for some feedback. Likes/dislikes etc.

Nick

"TheDoc" wrote:
    I like it, but there is a definite clashing of styles here.

I don’t really think the "old time" wood/parchment/brown really works with the nice crisp new logo and blue background. I’d MUCH rather see the design based on the new-looking logo.

The nav would definitely have to be changed when you go to an inside page, it would just take up too much room if it were on every single page like that.

The lorem ipsum text is a little bit small I think, but overall the design has a nice flow and structure.

I see what your saying. Of course, this isn’t the final design but I’ve been toying with how to make it look updated "web 2.0 ish" without loosing the "outdoor" "rustic" sense. The nav would have to change on an inside page, I agree and thats a battle I’m still working with.

Good critique!! Thank you. :)

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I really love the treeline behind the logo, and the logo.. its a really nice site…

I actually dont mind the brown papery content background, I think you could get away with the old papery look, maybe you could find another texture just to try it out, it could be the kinda vertical stripes…

Typography wise I would agree with Doc on the main text content.

All in all – great job! :D

Really nice site design IMO. The only two things I would say are – 1) the main content column seems a bit narrow to me (800×600 is gone in my book). And 2) the word Reservations is misspelled.

"davesgonebananas" wrote:
    Really nice site design IMO. The only two things I would say are – 1) the main content column seems a bit narrow to me (800×600 is gone in my book). And 2) the word Reservations is misspelled.

Great catch!! When I hit it big (when ever that is) I’m hiring a copy editor. Thanks so much!! Will work out these quarks.

It looks like a really nice design, the only thing I would recommend is adding a bit more colour, it just seems slightly plain at the moment, maybe just a greater range of blue or brown? Also I would add more definition the landscape behind the main logo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.