Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Nested UL inheriting anchor styles, please help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tjrchampion

Hi, there, first post here, long reader. I’m hoping someone can help me out, i’m seriously stumped.

take a look http://subfuse.co.uk/dev/atlantic/

on hover its inheriting styles from the parent element, but i can’t for the life of me figure out how to stop this. I’m doing something wrong, just not sure what.

any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Tom.

TheDoc

clear: inherit probably isn’t doing what you think it is. It isn’t clearing the inheriting styles, it’s inheriting the clearing property of the parent element. So if your parent had clear: both, so to would the child.

The nested UL will inherit all styles unless you specifically overwrite them.

tjrchampion

ok, i get it now! Thank you for the help. Take a look i’ve managed sort it, i’m not sure what it’s looking like on Windows but looks fine in safari etc etc.

TheDoc

Unfortunately the Contact tab is being pushed down onto another line.

This is happening in both Chrome and Firefox on Windows.

In IE7 and IE8 the nav is completely broken and not being rendered with any styles.

tjrchampion

my bad, the javascript that creates the html5 elements was incorrect. sorted now but i suspect loads of issues to come. installing windows as we speak as i can see its gonna be a big hassle otherwise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.