- This topic is empty.
February 23, 2013 at 11:07 am #41988
hi i just finished a website and i need some critical review & pro advices to improve it LINK
thanksFebruary 23, 2013 at 12:39 pm #125733Paulie_DMember
I like it….it’s just that it feels familiar somehow.
Perhaps it’s the use of familiar images but I just feel I’ve seen it before.February 23, 2013 at 12:46 pm #125736Andy HowellsParticipant
Very slick and clean but it doesn’t have much personality. I assume this is a theme for selling though? It comes across like an off the shelf theme.February 23, 2013 at 12:47 pm #125737
yeah because i improved it https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/22031/need-some-help-to-improve-this-template#Item_7February 23, 2013 at 12:48 pm #125739rkieruParticipant
Finished? It looks like it’s just full of placeholder icons and text, which makes it difficult to critique. That being said, here is a laundry list of things I’d look at improving or just otherwise going over.
– If you’re going to use large icons in the Services section, I’d like to see some interaction. Maybe a little glow when you hover; maybe the subtitle goes bold. Something to indicate that this is more than just a 1-sentence blurb.
– For the about section I would consider using columns of text instead of letting the text span the full width. It makes the placeholder text difficult to digest and also makes the content seem minimal. In addition, I would ask myself why the font here is so much smaller than the rest fo the site.
– The entire team area is hard for me to focus on. The background is competing so heavily with the pictures. When I go for example, to look at Marc Batra’s name… my eye keeps focusing on the Adidas text on the background.
– Have you considered moving the Featured blog posts text into the picture, and making that a slider? I think that would be a great way to add additional content and tighten the blog area up.
…. that being said I think the color scheme is very nicely thought out. It’s minimal without being too simplistic. The layout is very standard for 1-pagers and I think maybe that and the Google icons and placeholder text is what is throwing Paulie_D off.February 23, 2013 at 12:48 pm #125740February 23, 2013 at 12:52 pm #125742February 23, 2013 at 12:55 pm #125744
i think that also the contact area need some improvement tooFebruary 24, 2013 at 1:25 pm #125813bracketsMember
The contact form fields should provide some feedback when active. Also I agree with rkieru – the background behind the team area is highly distracting. Clean design otherwise and it scales well.
- The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.