Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Need Solution: Anything Slider (jquery.min.js) conflicts with prototype.js

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carley

I have the Anything Slider working fine. I wanted to add another feature that uses prototype.js. It works fine when by itself. When I combined the two on a page, I cannot get Anything Slider to work. I’ve tried the jQuery.noConflict(); – – I must not have it correct, because my prototype script works great, but the anything slider won’t work. Any solutions?

Mottie

Hi Carley!

I’m guessing the problem is that AnythingSlider is being called using a “$” instead of “jQuery”. Try this:

jQuery('#slider').anythingSlider();

Or if you want to get fancy, you can assign a variable to the no conflict mode, like this:

var $j = jQuery.noConflict();
    $j('#slider').anythingSlider();

I hope that helps! :)

Carley

Thank you! I had tried that and it didn’t work, but you brought it to my attention the “called using a ‘$’ instead.” So I looked through the code and sure enough, I found…

Once I removed this code and kept the no conflict script in, it works! Thanks, Mottie!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.