Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need help with removing horizontal scroll bar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    prasanthvm
    Participant

Hello everyone I have a problem with my site, its shows horizontal scroll bar and when i use overflow hidden the site not properly appearing on small screens. pls i need help to get rid of horizontal bar. My site is http://adventureinmaldives.com/.

vishwebdesign
    Participant

overflow-x: hidden; style for the should do just fine :)

else, i’ve found that on larger screens, your website is not centered. you may add margin:auto; property to the wrapper tables to center them.

Paulie_D

To be honest I think you have bigger issues.

The site is not centered on my monitor W7 @ 1920×1080 except for the slideshow.

On closer examination it seems that the site is laid out with tables…that’s a very old method and not recommended.

prasanthvm
    Participant

thank you for the advice, but will overflow-x: hidden; works on all resolution? or for smaller screens is there a possibility that some part of websites not seen?, like notebook.

vishwebdesign
    Participant

as long as your website’s width is catering for smaller screens, no worries, because the overflow-x:hidden; will only hide what’s outside the view-port.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.