Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need criticism and ideas for the home page.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    renejr818

I know the site needs work but was looking for some good ideas for the home page. What would you do to make it look better. Obviously its very small and simple at the moment because i recently had a problem that caused me to strip it but if I could get some decent advice that would be great.

Lastly, what would you change on the entire website? What looks ugly or just completely ridiculous? What would look better?

Thanks guys.

http://www.818solutions.net/

soap
    Participant

Hello there! You are not off to a bad start. Here are my $0.02:

The logo:
    I would either remove the orange or incorporate it better if possible. It looks cut off and I personally don’t like that.

Paragraphs:
    raise the line-height

imagery:
    There aren’t any images and that’s no fun! High quality and aesthetic images always help.

Other than that there isn’t too much to critique. It doesn’t look bad. Just needs more :)

renejr818

Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time.

nigeldunkley

looks good.

I would just say that the current text effect is a bit much for such a simple page. Possible just a rollover hover effect would be enough.

Also, the logo looks a bit too cropped in the left top corner..you might try rounding it up a bit?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.