Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Need a point in the right direction with a WordPress theme.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    thevolt

Hey guys,
    Hopefully someone can take the time and point me in the right direction. I recently bought the WordPress theme Equilibrium seen here http://onioneyethemes.com/equilibrium/latest-projects-four-columns/ . The home page features the most recent projects by way of the portfolio page, but instead I would like to feature my blog posts on the homepage instead of the latest portfolio projects. Can I have blog preview images come up the exact same way instead of the latest projects from the portfolio? I know I have to change some code around in the template-home.php file, or make a new template. I am able to work my way around modifying some .php and .css code with using Coda, just wondering if you can point me in the right direction, on what exactly to change. Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for any help. -Jay

thevolt

Hey Rob,
    I have checked in the theme options. There are some settings to change around, but nothing to display the blog posts under the slider on the home page. I wish there was haha.

thevolt

Anyone?

thevolt

I have been able to get the blog post links to come up messing around with the template-home.php file, just not any Featured images. The developer just tells me this is a task for a developer, which I know but I think someone should be able help me out here.

thevolt

" title="">

$count = 0;
    $args = array( 'post_type' => 'portfolio', 'posts_per_page' => ( $projects_per_row * $number_of_rows ) );
    $loop = new WP_Query( $args );

//output the latest projects from the 'my_portfolio' custom post type
    while ($loop->have_posts()) : $loop->the_post();
    $count++;
    $preview_img_url = eq_get_the_preview_img_url();
    ?>

I think this is where the change needs to happen from Portfolio Items to Blog or post items.

h

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.