Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need a menu dropdown to scale full navigation bar width

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    praveen_khm

Hi,

My first post here and need help. I am designing a template for my website and need the menu bar as mentioned in the subject.

Suppose the menu has 5 links in a navigation bar with width, say, 60% of the screen. When I hover over each link, would pull down a dropdown menu with width equal to 60%. This means, the dropdown window for each link should resemble the same.

Searched a few sites for example and here is one I have found:
    http://www.businessweek.com/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Pravi

praveen_khm

I hate to bump… but just need help… Can someone please suggest a solution?

Paulie_D

If you hate to bump…then don’t do it. 90 minutes isn’t a long time to wait….we’ll get round to it.

Why don’t you look at the code from the site you linked to and try and replicate it?

Paulie_D

In the meantime, although it’s not exactly what you are after…take a look at this:http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html-css-techniques/how-to-build-a-kick-butt-css3-mega-drop-down-menu/

praveen_khm

Thanks for the reply Paulie_D. I tried replicating from the site, but the site is too heavy and I could not get it. Instead if there is a easy solution like the tutorials in this site, would be useful.

I had a look at the link you mentioned, but that is not exactly what I am looking at. I want all the dropdowns to be of the same width and length.

P.S: The bump was to just bring my post higher as it had almost dropped down and would have gone to next page (next to invisible). Sorry about that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.