Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS navigation button far from slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bridgetobrasil
    Participant

Hi,

I seem to have a huge space between the slider and the navigation buttons. I can’t seem to find any padding or anything else that’s causing it. Anyone have any suggestions?

[You can see it here.](http://bridgetobrasil.com/bellinghamConnection/ “bridge to brasil”)

Thanks in advance!

Leonhard Ortner
    Participant

Hi,

is this a “double-post”? because i cant see the second/forward-arrow, so it seems you havnt fixed your previouse problem…and the problem you mentioned above is in a relationship with that other problem…

wbr

bridgetobrasil
    Participant

Hi Leonhard,

I fixed the forward arrow (at least in my browsers [chrome, safari and ff]) by making the slider not as wide. In order to see the nav buttons, I had to make the slider taller, but that left a lot of space between the slider and the buttons.

Still trying to eliminate redundant css and the unnecessary overflow: hidden entries.

cobblucas
    Participant

The problem is here:

<div class=”anythingSlider anythingSlider-default activeSlider” style=”width: 420px; **height: 390px**;”>

You should change the inline style height to be around 309px to remove that space. It pushes the arrows up a bit, but still looks good.

Leonhard Ortner
    Participant

Hello,

ul#slider.anythingBase {padding: 0 !important;}

this is fixing the positioning problem where content was “cut”…

now we have to add extra space for the arrows:

.anythingSlider-default .back {left: -15px;}

wbr

bridgetobrasil
    Participant

Thanks for the help. I followed your suggestions, but am still having a problem:

Changing the size of the divs worked well for giving room for the arrows and content. The nav buttons seem to be anchored to a position, however. When I change the height of the divs, the buttons don’t move up, they get cut off right where they are.

The slider is 309, the container it is in has to be 420 for the buttons to show (leaving a lot of space between the slider and the container). [In this example](http://bridgetobrasil.com/bellinghamConnection/ “bridge to brasil”), I decreased the height of the container to 400 and you’ll see it is cutting off the nav buttons.

My apologies if this seems simple…

Thanks for ALL your help!

Leonhard Ortner
    Participant

Hi,

#content-wrapper .article-feed #slider-article {
    float: left;
    height: 400px;
    margin-top: 22px;
    overflow: hidden; <- remove
    width: 540px;}

.anythingSlider .anythingWindow {
    height: 300px; <- set to prefered high… 300 look good ;)
    overflow: hidden; <- remove
    position: relative;
    width: 100%;
    }

what tools are you using for dev? Do you know “FireBug”?

wbr
    leo

bridgetobrasil
    Participant

Hi Leo,

That was it. Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it! I use dreamweaver, but will look at FireBug. Thanks for the tip.

Rick

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.