The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other name this design effect: blur and blend? (my best guess)

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #192188

    What do you call the design effect of blurring or blending an image with a color and using it as a background at the top of the web page? I’m not doing a very good job of explaining the effect. It would be easier to convey with live demos.

    Check the (now outdated) Spectrum WordPress theme here: (You’ll have to click “Preview”)

    It is implemented here with Cineflix’s logo: (You might have to maximize your window to see the edge of the effect).

    Perhaps the sexiest implementation of this design effect is Valve software here:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.