Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My own social network

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ezeke

Hey there!
    I’m quite new here but I’ve seen a few guys who seem to be very good at giving valueable tips to improve websites.

Some months ago I decided to create a small forum for my foosball team and I chose bbpress to that. After a few days I got bored with it and tried to implement it into a wordpress blog, which was a pain in the ass but worked out well enough in the end.

But that wasn’t enough and installed buddypress on my server and now I had something like a small social network right there in front of me.

Time has passed and nowadays (~1 year later) a lot has changed and I finally feel ready to really start advertising it.

Many of the features will only work when youre logged in but i guess you’ll get a pretty good overall feeling of the site just by clicking a few links.

So, what do you think of it? what could I change?

url: http://kickercommunity.de

thx in advance ;)

noahgelman
    Participant

I’d knock the font size down a pixel to 13 and increase the line-height a bit, around 20px. It reads a bit better

rkacenski

For advertising I would suggest that you put ads on the left under your login and also in between posts on your homepage.

Ezeke

ill try it out with the font size ;)

and im going to wait with advertising until the community is larger….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.