Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My New Business Site Design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MegaMan1311

Hello there!

I’m working on my latest design for my business. I would appreciate it if anyone could take a look and give me design and coding feedback. I’ve tested it in IE7, IE8, Safari 4, and Firefox 3.5.

My Site

Thanks!

MegaMan1311

Thank you. I’m aware that only one page is working. Its not public (yet).

I’ve changed the footer and made it smaller… What do you think?

I’ll take a look into the logo. Thanks.

friendofpugs

Yeah, I was expecting more with the logo too, it just lends itself that way. I’m not too sure about having the tagline larger than the logo font, but that’s me. Not loving the green check marks and red cross icon – red means danger, stop, etc. I’d look into alternative colors based on your palette. Your little twitter bird would look nice in the footer to break things up. All in all, the design is serious…and a little boring. I don’t know about the header text drop shadows, esp. if the logo doesn’t have the same. You need to fix your content player buttons with :focus {-moz-outline-style:none;} looks like jquery tools – nice! Hope that helps. Cheers!

MegaMan1311

Thank you! I’ve been trying to fix that Firefox outline issue for a while. I ended up just giving up. Never thought to look for a Firefox only css property – outline at that! Thanks!

I’ll definitely work on the logo. You guys have given me a few ideas with the logo that I will try out soon.

The tagline is larger because I think that the tagline is more important than the name of the business. "We Make Having a Website Simple" is what I want my visitors to take away from the site. Then again, Bluemoon Code is pretty important too. I’ll play around with the sizing. Thanks.

I started with the green checkmarks, but then the green plus didn’t stand out, nor did the silver one. I got it down to a red and a blue icon, and the red one stood out more. I’ll try the blue again though. Maybe I’ll try completely different icons…

Yeah, the Twitter bird would look nice in the footer, wouldn’t it? I’ll try that. Thanks. I think I’ll add a RSS Icon, a Contact Icon, and a Map icon there, as well. It would add some color to the site…

I used the drop shadows on the headers because they had no depth to them. Specifically the tagline on the blue background.

You guys have given me some great advice. Thanks.

Yeah, I was assured added with the logo too, it just lends itself that way. I’m not too abiding about accepting the tagline beyond than the logo font, but that’s me. Not admiring the blooming analysis marks and red cantankerous figure – red agency danger, stop, etc. I’d attending into another colors based on your palette. Your little cheep bird would attending nice in the footer to breach things up. All in all, the architecture is serious…and a little boring. I don’t apperceive about the attack argument bead shadows, esp.

Okay, the site is cool, however I would change the font of the menu items and in the big blue banner. It is my opinion that it makes it seem less professional. Otherwise I like the cool JavaScript and design.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.