Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other my first tries with a blog – advice needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lorenz

Hi guys,

I have recently started my first blog on blogger. I have always been interested in websites, I just never really found a topic I have something to say about until now. Unfortunately, my knowledge on html/css/flash etc. is very limited, so I went with a blogger template to start with. I didn’t take long to realize that I’m not happy with it and I have started to look around for tutorials, widgets and changed a couple of things. I would like to ask for your opinion on the looks of my blog and furthermore, I’d like to know if a blogger template can be used as a starting point for a really good looking website, or if I should rather just try to program my blog from scratch. For example I want to get rid of the borders of the widgets, I hate the way the shade looks around the posts, etc.

Many thanks,
    Lorenz
    http://indochino-review.blogspot.com

Lorenz

hi guys, I have noticed that a couple of users on this forum have checked my blog – no comments at all? thanks!

jmorrow

I think that blogger has some new templates that are highly customizable from the blogger-in-draft mode.

You might want to try some of those as a starting point.

Lorenz

Thanks! I actually use beta blogger and my template is based on one of the new designs. But I really want more than that!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.