Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS My first ‘real’ project. Almost finished, really need some help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    alexemorris
    Participant

Almost done finishing a website for a friend of a friend. The URL is http://www.chtowingservices.com

I just need some help a couple of things.

First of all, I have set a script to change the stylesheet when the browser width goes below 420px, it works, however for some reason it won’t change the width of my 2 columns in the main content area. It just needs to go from 75% and 25% to 100% and 100% so they sit on top of each other. I know this will work because I’ve unchecked the box for the old widths in inspect element and it looks perfect. Any ideas why my main stylesheet is overriding my “narrow.css” stylesheet for just this ? I have only sorted my homepage and trailers page for this, not looked at the contact page.

Which brings me onto my other problem. What is the most simple and elegant way of going about making my contact form function. I did have formmail.php set up, but the validation made the form way too confusing for what its worth. All I want it to do it maybe turn the ‘(this field is required’ part of the label red if a user skips the field out? Then obviously I need it to actually submit. I have tried following/applying a tutorial, but as I have my form all styled, there must be an easy way using JQuery etc?

If you have any other tips/advice/feedback I would be really grateful as this is my first project so I am trying to make it as refined as possible to use on my portfolio

Thanks
    Alex

Schot

Hmmmm, I can’t seem to find where narrow.css is mentioned. Where is it placed Alex?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.