Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Mouse is Clicking Through the Back of My 3D CSS Flip Box

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    koenigsegg1
    Participant

I am building a contact form on Codepen. When the form is complete it will flip vertically to show a success or error message. However, when the message is displayed, my mouse can click through the message and type in the input fields or click the submit button. How can I stop this from happening?

My pen is at http://codepen.io/koenigsegg1/pen/gaVZKm
    Hint: click the buttons on either side of the form to trigger the messages.

Shikkediel
    Participant

I think backface-visibility: hidden should do the trick. Not exactly sure on which elements though but a * selector seems to solve it. It’s not an issue at all with Firefox apparently.

koenigsegg1
    Participant

Thanks. that seems to fix it. However, after i added the code, the close button in the success/error message no longer works. When hovered, the background should change and when clicked, the modal should close. For some reason it’s not working anymore. Any suggestions?

Shikkediel
    Participant

Tricky question, using * messes with all stacking context I guess. Couldn’t tell you exactly why this happens. It’s a bit unnecessary to use this indiscriminate selector, it was really just a general indication of how it could be fixed. Let me look into it a bit more.

Edit – .group, buttonseems to be a better target…

koenigsegg1
    Participant

Thanks. It’s kinda working now. The right side of the button is still unresponsive (I think the submit button is messing it up even with backface-visibility: hidden;) but i think I can just re-position the button higher and it should work.

koenigsegg1
    Participant

Sorry, accidental double-post :)

Shikkediel
    Participant

Oh yeah, I didn’t notice that. Not a clue why it would be happening on the right side only to be honest. Using z-index isn’t very straightforward on a 3D translation either. They’re pretty weird. One of those things I (still) lack full understanding of.

Sidenote… this must be painful to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbr_aAu4uuM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.