- This topic is empty.
July 21, 2013 at 12:35 pm #46581MazharParticipant
I have created a demo website for a client in WordPress using WP template: http://mazharkhan.com/fxpigments2/
Client liked the design and approved for the same. Now i work on his domain and server , so how can i move entire website from my domain and server to his domain and server?
Is there any simple way to do it because i have no knowledge about Database i know how to use FTP.
Any help is appreciated!
MazharJuly 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm #143874PicnicTutorialsParticipant
Get his login info. Pick a FTP to use. Login via FTP to his server. Transfer all the files.July 21, 2013 at 1:25 pm #143876Leonhard OrtnerParticipant
i will discribe my way doing this:
1. Copy all Files from “DEV-FTP” and upload it to a sub-folder on the LIVE-FTP
p.E.: domain-tld/new-site/*files go here*
2. make a Database-Backup from your DEV-SITE
3. create a Database at your LIVE-SITE/HOST and import your DB
4. alter your wp-config.php file to fit your need p.E.:
5. Load this file to your LIVE-SITE-Folder
6. IMPORTANT – Be sure to always have a BackUp! ;)
7. run replace.php and follow instructions *read carefully!* at the point where u should “replace” some kinde of words replace OLD-DOMAIN with NEW-DOMAIN
p.E.: localhost:8888 -> newmegasite.com
8. In the Adminpane of your new Host u have to change where the Domain points, Domain should point to sub-folder we created in Step1…
So you could get up your site without going “offline” with the old one.
I also recommend the Plugin “BackWPup” -> in combination with Dropbox it works realy nice and u get an tar.gz with all your Files (all WP-Files inkl. .htaccess and so on), be sure to enable “Backup Plugins”.
byt3July 21, 2013 at 1:55 pm #143877MazharParticipant
Can someone please help me with video tutorial ? this database thing is little difficult for me to get it.July 22, 2013 at 10:12 am #144082chrisburtonParticipant
You need to export the database, first. Then import it using his PHPMyAdmin account.
At this point, don’t view the website. You need to change a few things in the database.
@TheDoc What is that plugin to change database URL’s?July 23, 2013 at 9:34 pm #144324
- The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.