Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Media Queries

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    syco__

Hey Guys,

I am currently working on sites all the time and struggle every time with using the Media Queries and what screen sizes i should actually accommodate for all being my hope.

I have been using bootstrap in the past but want to move into making my own framework but really am struggling with the how many Queries to create as when you slide the screen in you always find something that could be refined.

At current i really only create for apple products as they are the devices i use on a daily basics and can test for easily. But would really like to accommodate for all users.

Any tips or tricks that you use would be great.

Thanks

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

A very classic approach is to consider 3 versions of your site:

* – one for desktop browsers
    * – one for small screens and tablets
    * – one for smartphones

syco__

I don’t want three versions. That really seems like a waste of time if i upload a blog i have to do it to 3 different databases. I really think that Media Quires are a much better option.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

… Of course I am talking about Media Queries.

syco__

oh sorry versions to me is separate sites.

So what media Queries would you run with so many tablet sizes and so many smart phone dimensions.

syco__

Thanks Melindrea.

I will keep this in mind on my next project. Now my question seems stupid thanks for a good reply.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.