Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Making Scripts work with WordPress Plugins

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tell Stevens
    Participant

I have a very limited knowledge of jquery (watching the series now) but I’ve come across an issue. I had my script working nice that did a dropdown navigation for some secondary stuff. When I went to add a plugin the plugin wouldn’t work and I was told by the creator it was because I was calling the jquery library manually with my other script. So I removed that call and the plugin worked fine. But now my dropdown doesn’t work. I’ve confirmed that the script I wrote works fine with the updated jquery through codepen so I’m assuming it has something to do with the order in which it is all being called in WordPress. Can anyone help me?

Tell Stevens
    Participant

Ok so I was able to pull in my script and it didn’t work. But if I pulled in jquery directly before my script it worked but then broke my plugin on the page. So I dug around some more and I noticed that if I don’t pull in jquery through my functions .php jquery 1.10.2 is pulling in from wp-includes. Does that make sense?

So basically the correct version of jquery is pulling in but it doesn’t allow my script to work properly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.