Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other making a site for mobil phones..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mikeman

Theres so much info on the net its hard to know whats best.. I understand low weight and using the
    and stuff im just trying to work out how to visually format everything, what should i have the width of my content be?
    im seeing yahoo.mobi through adobes device central thing and i see that pretty much their main page is just listed in a straight list style format. .is this pretty much a good practice, just make everything in a list format like that? have small pictures and such ?

jamygolden

Check out this article on mobile development. It’s aimed more at not-smart-phones though, but I think you could probably learn something from it.

Johnnyb

Best practice for mobile is to set the content width in % (100% or 95% for example). That way no matter what the screen resolution of the mobile device is the content will adjust to fit it. I do the same for all the elements within it too, eg. Images at 50% width, paragraphs at 100%. You don’t want to use a fixed width really as it may be too wide or not wide enough for certain screen resolutions.

TheDoc

You might also want to have a look at media-queries, which I would say are the way of the future. I would avoid using an outdated Doctype like that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.