Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Mac Software Questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    runboston

Good morning everyone, I have been struggling to find an answer to the following questions, so I thought this might be the perfect forum to ask.

1. I have a Dreamweaver CS4 license and am pretty happy with it, but everyone raves about Coda. That said, would it be worth buying a Coda license or would having both Dreamweaver and Coda be a bit overkill? I will say that I like Dreamweaver but there are a lot of bells and whistles that I really don’t care for.

2. Is there any REAL difference or benefit between VM Ware Fusion 2, Parallels Desktop 4.0, and Virtual PC? If it’s pretty much a wash and knowing that they are relatively the same price, what would you recommend buying? As of right now I’m using BootCamp with Windows Vista, but would prefer not having to reboot my machine when I need to use a Windows application.

3. This is a general newbie Mac user question. I made the switch to my MacBook Pro about one year ago and I’m still learning new things all the time. Knowing that and aside from the Adobe suites, TextMate, Transmit, and Office, are there other ‘must have’ Mac applications that I should look at purchasing?

Ok, thanks for your time everyone and I look forward to your replies.

Hi,
    I think the first two questions are down to personal preference , so getting hold of trial software and using it will be the only real way to tell what you want, what you need and what you like. The third question, the two main bits of software I use are TextWrangler, a text editor and Cyberduck which is for ftp. Both very good and free. Both brilliant for me as I don’t use Dreamweaver as an all-in-one and Coda. I also use Quicksilver which is great if you want to open anything on your machine quickly, again free.
    Hope this helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.