Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Looks o.k. in FF but not IE – how do I fix?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kendra69

Hello,

Here is the website:

tolonopresbyterian.org

For some reason in IE it is showing up a image at the top that I don’t want and several pages are all messed up but it seems to be fine except for the first page on FF where the footer is going all the way across.

Any ideas? I have quoted some stuff out so I’m going to guess it is a <div> tag issue?

Thanks!

Kendra

the html of the 1st page:

Code:

First Presbyterian Church – Tolono, IL – Home

Upcoming events

First Presbyterian Church of Tolono
    104 E. Vine St.
    Tolono, IL 61880
    (217) 485-3725
    [email protected]

Sermons
    “Coming Soon!”
    by Kerry Bean

listen listen

Highlights

Coming to the Fellowship Hall October 25th

Murder At The Fellowship Dinner

A READERS' THEATRE-STYLE MURDER MYSTERY

Pastor Barney Bumble has been murdered at the Hard Knox Presbyterian Church's Annual Pre-Christmas Pageant Fellowship Dinner.
    Everyone is a suspect as the City's Finest Detective, Sam Diamond, tries to solve the case before the killer can strike again!
    Be ready for wacky plot twists! The audience will get a chance to guess the killer's identity- and not even the cast members
    will know who it is 'til the performance!

If you'd like to be in the show:

• A sign-up sheet will be circulated prior to worship on Sunday, October 11th or you can e-mail Kerry at [email protected]

All ages welcome, including children as young as 8 years old.

• Rehearsals will begin Monday evening 10/12 at 7:00pm in the Fellowship Hall
    • We also need folks to serve as waiters and waitresses

If you'd like to attend the show:

• Tickets will go on sale Sunday, October 11. The price per ticket is $10.00. You can get them from Jeri Brooks or Barb Kelly or by stopping by the
      Church Office on Monday or Tuesday afternoons. They will also be sold at the door.
    • A Fellowship Dinner will be served beginning at 6:30pm
    • The "curtain" for Act One will rise at 7:00pm
    • Dessert will be served during Intermission.

We hope you can join us for this evening of fun and fellowship . . .and foul play!

the CSS:

Code:

First Presbyterian Church – Tolono, IL – Home

Upcoming events

First Presbyterian Church of Tolono
    104 E. Vine St.
    Tolono, IL 61880
    (217) 485-3725
    [email protected]

Sermons
    “Coming Soon!”
    by Kerry Bean

listen listen

Highlights

Coming to the Fellowship Hall October 25th

Murder At The Fellowship Dinner

A READERS' THEATRE-STYLE MURDER MYSTERY

Pastor Barney Bumble has been murdered at the Hard Knox Presbyterian Church's Annual Pre-Christmas Pageant Fellowship Dinner.
    Everyone is a suspect as the City's Finest Detective, Sam Diamond, tries to solve the case before the killer can strike again!
    Be ready for wacky plot twists! The audience will get a chance to guess the killer's identity- and not even the cast members
    will know who it is 'til the performance!

If you'd like to be in the show:

• A sign-up sheet will be circulated prior to worship on Sunday, October 11th or you can e-mail Kerry at [email protected]

All ages welcome, including children as young as 8 years old.

• Rehearsals will begin Monday evening 10/12 at 7:00pm in the Fellowship Hall
    • We also need folks to serve as waiters and waitresses

If you'd like to attend the show:

• Tickets will go on sale Sunday, October 11. The price per ticket is $10.00. You can get them from Jeri Brooks or Barb Kelly or by stopping by the
      Church Office on Monday or Tuesday afternoons. They will also be sold at the door.
    • A Fellowship Dinner will be served beginning at 6:30pm
    • The "curtain" for Act One will rise at 7:00pm
    • Dessert will be served during Intermission.

We hope you can join us for this evening of fun and fellowship . . .and foul play!

cybershot
    Participant

You know, I took a look but have no idea what you are going for. I don’t know what you want it to look like and what is missing or not suppose to be there. Can you post a pic, or is it fixed?

kendra69

Ok I attached the pic. I don’t want this pic – even though it is the img folder for some reason it does not show up on FF and I like the way it looks with the gray border; however, it does show up in IE and looks weird because it only goes part way down the page – I would like to remove this pic and get the nice gray border to show up both in FF & IE. I’m guessing I need to make a new jpg in Photoshop or something with the same dimensions or maybe different dimensions so it goes it goes down the page on both sides and the bottom. Also on FF the bottom works quite nicely on the about page for instance but on the first page it doesn’t go all the way across – how do I fix that? I did run it thru the WC3 validator and went from 69 errors down to 27 so I’m still fixing the remaining but I don’t "think" this has anything to do with that.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kendra

kendra69

OK – I fixed the issue – it was a CSS issue – I had 2 lines in the #fauxbody backround url – one was the background I attached – the other was the 1px line that made it border around the sides and bottom like I wanted.

I still don’t have the front page fixed with the bottom not going across all the way like the other pages – I think it might have something to do with how much text I put in; but I’m sure that could be fixed. If you know how I can fix the front page footer issue let me know.

Thanks!
    Kendra

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.