Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Looking for advice on my methods to building a wordpress site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Argalo
    Participant

I am building a site for a friends business and will be relatively basic but will have a blog.

My plan was to use wordpress and the generatepress theme as it is so lightweight.

I want to avoid using a pagebuilder because I want to be comfortable building with the actual code. Also my understanding is pagebuilders can add bulky unused code that slows the site down.

So I was thinking of using a CSS based framework. I figure the site won’t have much interactivity so I can always add that individually with javascript/jquery or a wordpress plug in, avoiding the use of a bulkier framework that already has javascript in it like bootstrap.

I was leaning towards the w3.css framework because it is so lightweight and simple and I have used it once before.

Then I started to think that the only aspect that I really utilize is the media queries for responsive design. Having css classes that resize or hide the content to display on desktop vs tablet vs mobile.

So at that point I was wondering maybe the best bet is just to make my own framework? Because it will only include the elements needed for the site?

Any advice would be great. I don’t really know if this is the best approach to what I want to do, but the end goal is a lightweight website that I hand build as much as possible to keep it fast and so I can understand the HTML/CSS better.

Thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.