Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Logo resizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zaahideen
    Participant

i am currently polishing up my new website. (www.idauk.org)

it is a joomla3 website and i am using a responsive template. the issue i am having is that the top logo begins to CUT OFF when the screen size is 480px or less.

hence i have made a slightly smaller logo and want to use the following css rule:

@media screen and (max-width: 500px) {
    #logo {
    background: url(“http://www.idauk.org/images/homelogomobile.jpg”);
    }
    }

1. is my coding correct?
    2. i have absolutely no idea as to which .css file i need to add this to. i have tried everything but the logo doesnt swap at 500px.

please help

gitsraj
    Participant
    sarahbellum
    Participant

Personally, I prefer to keep my logo in the html then make it responsive, or use media queries to adjust the size. See the codepen I created below. You can use a max-width or min-width if you feel it gets too large/small. I’m not a fan of using critical content as a CSS background. CSS should be styling only, keep the content (like logos) in the html.

See the Pen Logo Resize Example by Sarah Beth (@sarahbellum) on CodePen.

It is pretty problematic that you don’t know what style sheet to add the code to. Is this a template where you can access all the code?

In a situation where you have no control over the all the files and tried every way to find it, you may need to override it with an !important (which I hate doing) but only if it is necessary.

zaahideen
    Participant

thanks for the reply sarah, however nothing is showing up on the codepen link

possibly repost it?

thanks

sarahbellum
    Participant

That is odd, it worked fine on my end. http://codepen.io/sarahbellum/pen/OyaqZd

Maybe the full link will help. All I did was add:

.logo img{
      max-width: 100%;
      height: auto;
    }

gitsraj
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.