Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Load opening photo gallery faster – OR – implement ‘LOADING’ icon.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hendrix940
    Participant

Good morning all. I’m looking for options to reduce load time on a photo gallery on the index page that contains many photos. It’s not an option for me to reduce the number of photos, or reduce the quality. So I’m curious of ways to preload the images differently, only load the first image and then preload the others before the slideshow gets started.

OR/AND how can I add a loading icon on the page that displays while the photos preload? For instance a moving circle that shows % complete … or just simply a moving circle loading.

Here’s the site: http://www.hayleyhendrix.com
    Thank you in advance for your help!!

hendrix940
    Participant

@eric, thank you very much. Is possible with the above code you posted, to have the loading icon positioned center in the middle of my content DIV? Thank you!

hendrix940
    Participant

@eric, with the above code, when you show the JavaScript that needs to be copied and pasted below the .gif… Is that the entire code, or does there need to be some sort of Java open and end tag? Thank you.

hendrix940
    Participant

And, I simply paste that Java Script code directly after the end tag > of the HTML code provide, correct?

hendrix940
    Participant

I’m missing something sir. I pasted the exact JS you provided, directly after the end tag of the HTML and, all that JS script showed up as text on the page. I missed something.

hendrix940
    Participant

I found the error. There was no open/close HTML tag initiating/ending the Java Script.

hendrix940
    Participant

Thank you, @Eric, it now works.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.