Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Live Online Chat on a website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    trojan
    Participant

Hi,

Could some one point in the direction to incorporating a online live chat facility on to a website that I am currently developing for a client. The website is going to be using wordpress , should I use a plugin (recommendations much appreciated if there is anyone that have used one before on there on own projects.)

Thank you in advance for you help.

Beverleyh
    Participant

Why not head to https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=chat&=Search+Plugins and try a few out. Ultimately, you will be in the best position to decide which chat to go for because you know your own project requirements, budget and hosting environment, and you’ll be able to get input/feedback from your client if you give then a demo to test.

trojan
    Participant

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. Your help was very much appreciated.

iizag
    Participant

I recommend you do NOT use a free plugin for something like a chat feature. I have seen some pose a security risk already where hackers can take over the site and that causes a huge mess to fix. You should perhaps check some out on Envanto marketplace through codecanyon because at least through there you have the ability to get fast reliable support for free if the author is good and you have some assurance the code has been quality checked and will have future updates if it has an active community around it still. I honestly try to stay away from free plugins due to not knowing if they will be updated in the near future, if it is made of quality code, and because of a lack of fast support.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

https://www.intercom.com/ is a pretty nice one, but it gets expensive!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.