- This topic is empty.
August 21, 2011 at 1:13 pm #34010
Would like some general feedback on a layout im working on…
Thank you.August 21, 2011 at 4:37 pm #85359
anything? lolAugust 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm #85424CrebantMember
I like your ideas for layout, but have a couple comments on things I think would improve it:
- For the image flipper, I wouldn’t fade the white background – just fade the controls and center image. I find it a little distracting because you have a very detailed background image.
- If possible, I would update your logo to have a grey or transparent background instead of the yellow. It seems to stick out a bit.
- I like your search box, but (at least in Firefox) the corners are yellow instead of being transparent.
- If you zoom into the page then your social media icons start moving towards the right side of the screen and eventually completely cover the search box.
- I would update your slider controls to have the icon in the center of the box when they pop out.
Hope this helps and great work!August 22, 2011 at 4:17 pm #85425warnewMember
+1 regarding the fading image+ detailed background
also, when fading, you could close the info popup
in ff 3.6 and ubuntu i cannot see the yellow corners nor the yellow bg of the logoAugust 22, 2011 at 4:58 pm #85429OniLinkCRMember
Your #1 issue is speed. I have typed all of this after waiting 20 seconds and still no pictures.
Edit: I just did a Page Speed score and you scored 3/100. That’s pretty damn bad dude. To me 90+ is a must. A site cannot weigh more than downloading a 3 minute song off iTunes.August 22, 2011 at 9:17 pm #85438
thanks to everyone for their feedback…
@Crebant im really confused about the yellow background of the logo.. as far as im concerned, i have not used yellow anywhere in this layout lol so im left really confused.. maybe it looks like that in a diff browser im not sure.. ive only really checked it in firefox and i.e…
The image flipper… I tried many diff ways regarding the fading and I found this way to be most effective but appreciate your opinion..
@warnew Thank you.. and yea im really confused about the ‘yellow background’.. think I might need to look into it.
@OniLinkCR It seems to be loading fine for me, ive also asked a few mates to try it out and they said it seems to load fine but I will deffo look into it..
Thanks to everyone for their feedback, appreciate it alot.August 22, 2011 at 9:33 pm #85440OniLinkCRMember
Once it loads it will load fine and reasonably, I am guessing it’s due to some caching of the assets. Or it might be because of your friends connection, it could be a very good broadband connection but not everybody has it.
Get Google Page Speed Extension, you will see the score for that particular site, like I said, its 3 out of 100.
Try this link to get a full asset size report. The culprit are the huge images you are allowing HTML to resize. This is a no-no. Your site weighs around 5 megs, way too much, get it down to 0.5 megs.August 22, 2011 at 9:43 pm #85441
ahh yeh… cheers for that.. il have to resize the images.August 23, 2011 at 10:16 am #85490CrebantMember
I checked with a couple of browsers on my computer and the yellow images only appear in Firefox 6 (I am using windows).
Here is a screenshot I uploaded:
- The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.