Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Layering issue in WordPress menu item

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PitaMaria
    Participant

Here’s my site: http://greenpointroofing.com. It’s built using a child theme with my own style.css sheet.

Here’s my problem (present in all browsers on all platforms on which I’ve tested): See that menu item named “Projects”? See how when you rollover that item on the homepage, the sub-menu ul named .sf-menu ul appears UNDER the entry-content div containing the photo slideshow (named #bwg_container1_0)? Aaaargh! Please help me raise up the menu, send the slideshow container div back, whatever I need to do to fix this.

Please note that that sideshow is created with a plugin that adds all sorts of styling at the element level so … a solution may require an !important declaration or two (because I’d like to limit overrides to my style.css document versus fiddling with templates and/or javascript).

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your attention to this issue.

PitaMaria
    Participant

@wolfcry911: Your fix did the trick but, rather than mess with div#main I opted for another equally effective fix suggested by another helper in a different forum (reproduced below for your reference). Regardless this issue is resolved. Thanks so very much.
    #bwg_container1_0, #bwg_container2_0, .bwg_slideshow_image_container_0 {
    z-index:1; /* add this */
    }

PitaMaria
    Participant

@wolfcry911: Understood. Sorry about that. I’m a long-time beneficiary of this great site so I’ll stick to this forum for now on. Thanks for setting me straight.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.