Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Lack of knowledge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rechmbrs
    Participant

I’ve hit the limit of what I’ve been able to glean from W3 and other tutorials with using css to swipe an image across another one.

The code is below and the problem is that all is fine until I try use the mouse to move the cursor. the cursor (lr.jpg) is basically the point where the images intersect. I have a feeling I don’t understand the margins, padding etc.

Please ask what is necessary to make this work.
    Thanks,
    RONC

codepen.io/Rechmbrs/post/ImageComparatar

Atelierbram
    Participant

Pasting your code in a pen ISO a post over at Codepen would make it more accessible. Also use absolute paths for your images.

rechmbrs
    Participant
    Atelierbram
    Participant

using css to swipe an image across another one.

You will likely need javascript too, but what I think it needs is Native HTML5 Drag and Drop

BTW: When going the route of HTML5, you also want to get rid of some deprecated HTML-markup like center and u tags.

rechmbrs
    Participant

This code worked but I changed something that makes it ignore when I click the mouse on the X thing. Are there limits to the size of the scrolling window ? The keyframe code in css shows the movement.
    I’ll remove the non-html5 today but that has nothing to do with the problem.
    Thanks so far. I am so unfamiliar with the css code.
    RONC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.