Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Keyword RSS thingy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nico

So, once again I find it necessary to excuse myself from the shadows of noobery. (noobhood?)

Here’s what I’m wanting to do: I want to create an RSS feed based on a keyword. So let’s say that we’re using something like Google Reader…. I want to type into a field say: "blackberry OS" and forever be fed juicy bits of the internet simply based on that search query. (pretty much a constant feed from google news, yahoo news… the entirety of the interwebs) I know you can syndicate a search from google news specifically (and I would presume the same goes for yahoo news). But would global search syndication (whoa.. GSS… I called it! its mine!) be possible through your favorite feeder?

Twitter does a decent job at this with the hash-tags, but cross referencing can get cumbersome.

Alright, well, I’m sure someone is about to tell me how silly I am! Thanks!

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I think that’s kind of the idea behind Google Alerts:

http://www.google.com/alerts

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Faster than the average curator.

Nico

Ahhh see? I knew you guys would make me look stupid. Pretty darn excellent blogging tool. I’m still sticking with the term GSS.. cause it’s awesome ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.