Give help. Get help.

  • # December 21, 2009 at 2:31 am

    Hello Friends,

    I was recently working on a multi lingual site and to implement the multi lingual feature, I used this jQuery translation plugin to achieve my goal.

    The demo of the plugin uses an ‘ul’ list to display the list of available languages. Its pretty easy to convert it to a drop down menu but the problem am facing is that when I convert it to drop down menu, I am unable to save the selected language in the cookie. I did a lot of research on their discussion forum and found this code which works perfectly on jsbin but not when I create a file with it :|

    I am sure am missing out something very trivial somewhere..

    Here is the code:

    < !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "">


    Hello from JS Bin

    “Hello World – this was inserted using JavaScript”

    # December 21, 2009 at 1:33 pm

    Okay, I solved the problem. It seems like the code was working fine in all the browsers except Google Chrome. After doing some research I found the solution to the problem which actually wasn’t even a problem lol.

    Chrome is one of my favourite browsers and the fact that the code was working fine in all the browsers except it, was bugging me a lot. After doing some research, I came to the conclusion that Google Chrome is very strict about its security features and hence it does not allow cookies to be generated by webpages on the hard drive.

    Hence, the code works fine in Chrome if it is hosted on a web server. The other alternative is to enable chrome to create cookies for files.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.