Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript jquery help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I have multiple <ul> lists in my code. I am hiding all of them using ("ul").hide();

What I want is to be able to show 2 of them at a time. I know I can do it using ("ul:eq(0)").show. That will show the first one, but how do I get it to show the first and second. which would be 0 and 1, and then 2 and 3 and so on?

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I don’t know how the page is being generated, but I would give each one a unique #ID, and then use that as the selector to hid/show it.

*semi Jquery Noob*

cybershot
    Participant

yep, that’s I did, just now got it working. The issue was that it worked fine going one way, then wouldn’t work going back. Now that it works fine I find that it isn’t showing in safari and google chrome. the jquery is working, but the buttons aren’t showing, but the code is there in source view, and it’s css, so it’s going to be fun figuring out why it won’t show

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Yea, sounds fun. Be sure to save a copy of your current file before you start debugging. Then, I’d start taking it all apart, and make sure all of the basics are working in Chrome/Safari… It’s most likely something simple like CSS that is breaking it.

Does your page validate?

cybershot
    Participant

yep. I know that little trick and it’s a good one. both css and html does validate. There is weirdness going on in the site for sure. Debugging is going to be hard

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Yea, it sounds like it will be tough. post a link if you can’t figure it out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.