Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Jquery Div Changer Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    PeretzM

link

Working on this div changer, heres what i cant figure out how to do.

I need to add a default “slide”. So before you hover over any tab, there is already content. right now default is “slide 1”.

Thanks in advance!

PeretzM

Boring subject? or misunderstood question?
    I could really use the help. basicall all i need to do is figure out how to return back to the default “slide” after each tab.
    link: http://bigchairdesign.com/ClientFiles/UnifiedPay/
    Thanks in advance

noahgelman
    Participant

I’m a bit confused.
    Which tabs are you talking about? Navigation tabs? The 100% banner tabs? But then you talk about slides. There’s a slider on the page, but nothing that relates to tabs.
    Can you put up an image with some arrows or be more specific?

I’ll try my best to help you out

PeretzM

OK, thanks. I’ll try again.

I need the numbered tabs in the main (red) area, to be activated only on hover, and otherwise display the default text and image that is there now.

(sorry bout using the term “slide” it was from previous functionality, when this worked as a slide show)

Thanks again.

noahgelman
    Participant

Oh, so what your saying is you want the default text displayed, when you hover it shows the related text, and when you hover off, instead of it staying showing the related text, you want it to go back to the default, is that correct?

PeretzM

exactly!

noahgelman
    Participant

I can most definitely help you out with that. You will have to wait till I get home from work however, it’ll take a little investigating and I’m wrapping up my work for the day unless someone else wants to jump in and solve it

PeretzM

I am a patient man :) thanks man u da bomb

PeretzM

Hey guys, sorry to be a bug, but the client would like to go live today and I don’t want to be the reason he can’t… any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

noahgelman
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t post an answer last night, I am completely swamped with work. On my lunch break I’ll jump in and post an answer.

Real quick though, on page load, the tab related to the default text should have the active class on it. That’ll make things easier

PeretzM

That’s the thing, there is no default “tab”, should i make another tab with the class and display:none?

PeretzM

oh i see, you are right, that’s definitely a good start, i’ll re upload the file. Thanks.

noahgelman
    Participant

I meant the tab that says “Affordable & Reliable Payment Solutions” should already have the active class on it since it’s related text is shown by default.

noahgelman
    Participant

$(document).ready(function() {
    $('slideshow').mouseout(function() {
    $('.switcher li:eq(0)').addClass('active').end().siblings().removeClass('active');
    $('.slide-holder li:eq(0)').addClass('active').css('display', 'list-item').end().siblings().removeClass('active').css('display', 'none');
    });
    });

Hmmm…. That feels right. I don’t see any typos. That should work I believe.

Also, before you go live, make sure you have an icon for next to the URL

EDIT: Actually, looking at it, it might break a little. If it does let me know, I know how to tweak it

PeretzM

Where does that code go?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.