Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Jquery conflict – please help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lprintz
    Participant

Hello all!

I’ve exhausted everything here and I’m hoping a fresh set of eyes can help!

I have a page that has an AJAX loader and a modal but, for whatever reason, I can’t get them BOTH to work! It seems to be the positioning of the jquery library but I’m stumped.

You’ll notice in the pages below that I simply moved the jquery call from line 20 to 42 to get either one to work.

http://siphon-marketing.com/test/test-modal.html

click on the ‘save report’ button at the bottom and you’ll see the modal
    the loading graphic doesn’t appear
    jquery on line 42

http://siphon-marketing.com/test/test-loading.html

click on the ‘job title’ in the table to sort and you’ll see the loading gif flash
    the modal doesn’t work
    jquery on line 20

Thanks SO much…fingers crossed :)

Len

Chromawoods
    Participant

On test-modal.html: jQuery is included AFTER a bunch of other jQuery-dependent plugins, which causes a whole bunch of errors. I would start there. Include jQ before the plugins.

On test-loading.html: The dollar variable ($) is used by some other function and is not used by jQuery, so no jQuery stuff that you do with $ will work there. If you want to use $ instead of using its alias, jQuery, you can achive it quite easily. If all you need is to do stuff at document ready, then replace this:

$(document).ready(function() {

…with this: jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

Now you have passed jQuery to that scope as $ and it will not interfere with that other $ function.

I don’t know how much control you have over all the other code on that site, but one solution would be to find that weird function that has hijacked the $ variable and call it something else, but then you need to fix all calls to that function to be sure that you don’t break stuff in other places.

lprintz
    Participant

I will give this a try…thanks so much!

lprintz
    Participant

IT WORKED!

Thanks for bailing me out Chromawoods!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.