Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript JQuery Animation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I would like to recreate the effect you can see here: http://urbanmandesign.com/tests/animate.php using JQuery. I ask because it isn’t very easy on the browser using this method and I would like it to be a nice clean movement. I would then like to make it more complex for example adding rotation and I feel this could be better achieved with JQuery. So can this be done, and if so how?

Thanks

-Tom

blue642

Something like this works….

Code:
    $(function (){

$(“div”).animate({
    bottom: “0px”,
    right: “0px”
    }, 3000 );
    });

The "bottom" and "right" parameters can be changed to whatever your destination should be.
    The "3000" in the above example is miliseconds, so 3 seconds for it to travel to it’s destination…

The html for this would need a div with position absolute.

Note, this is in essence, rapidly changing the CSS of the page, so sometimes it looks a littly sluggish/buggy. Also I don;t think rotation is supported, because css doesn’t natively support rotation (maybe some css3 stuff does, not too sure)

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "blue642" wrote:
    Note, this is in essence, rapidly changing the CSS of the page, so sometimes it looks a littly sluggish/buggy. Also I don;t think rotation is supported, because css doesn’t natively support rotation (maybe some css3 stuff does, not too sure)

yea rotation is beginning to be supported – but yes, IE is probably going to hold back, or rotate in the opposite direction, or maybe just turn your site into a big "lol cat".

Thanks for your reply, I am going to use that code, and Rob tbh I stopped caring for IE and yeah, you are most likely right – but who cares?!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

well unfortunately IE has a huge market share – so you do need to cater for IE users, mainly because most users wont know that the browser they use is a browser, they just think its the internet.

IE6 can go hang though lol

Oh yeah I totally agree, all I’m saying is I kow most of the visitors to my site won’t be using IE thereofre I will be focusing more on other, more up to date browsers.

BTW: The link is now dead

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.