The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

Javascript Time Zones

• # September 12, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Does anyone know of a javascript time zone plugin? (preferably for MooTools)

I want to add a blog roll to my cms system but I am struggling to find an accurate way to set a time stamp to them.
    Anyone got any thoughts or experiences on this?

Thanks Ad

# September 12, 2008 at 3:05 pm

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

adding a time stamp to your cms can be as easy as this.

echo date("m/d/y",time())

just google time stamp. I did that and came up with this page

There should be enough info in there to get you what you need

# September 12, 2008 at 4:26 pm

yeah the issue with this is that its a date-stamp from the server and not the clients computer. So i was wanting some kind of javascript snippet to nicely list all the time zones and then I could make alterations from there. . .

Its no biggy as I could just manually edit the php.ini of the server – I just know if I leave it at this then my next project will be on someone’s cheap ass server that wont let me change it.

# September 12, 2008 at 6:27 pm

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

well the same login applies. just google it. there are javascript methods that will find out the time from the users browser. It shouldn’t be a very big program either. You might even find the same thing in php wich i think would be better.
    Look here.

they have all kinds of free javascript stuff and they give really good instructions on how to make it work. I am sure they will have what you want.

# September 12, 2008 at 6:56 pm

@cybershot : Thanks a heap, a page full of answers. Should be able to bodge something out of that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed