Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Issue with vertical alignment of images in grid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jimmyfortune
    Participant

Hi guys,

On the homepage at the bottom of my site I have a list of logos in a 4 column grid. For some reason I’m not able to vertical align the logos in the middle.

Here’s a link to the site: next.orbitgt.com/#section7

If you look at the “pt-cv-ifield” class wrapping around the logo, you’ll see that it has top and bottom padding, but the logo is aligned to the top of that div, where I want it to be in the middle. I’ve tried a lot of different things as vertical alignment seems to be a tricky topic, but not getting it to work.

Paulie_D

No, you can’t. There is NO css mechanism to align elements that do not share a parent.

You can center each logo in it’s own div but there’s no way to dynamically align elements in different divs.

jimmyfortune
    Participant

Oh really? Wow! That sucks :) Would you mind sharing how I can center each logo in it’s own div?

Paulie_D

At the moment it seems to me that the images are centered in their respective divs….it’s just that the divs are all different heights.

You would have to make all the divs the same height which is a much bigger task…and you probably can’t do that using the float system you have at the moment.

jimmyfortune
    Participant

Alright, thanks a lot!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.