Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Is there a JS clash/error?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    deonholt
    Participant

Hi there and thank you for your help.

What I want: (mySQL PHP site)
    http://www.lovolengines.co.za/range.php (images on left change with button mouse-over)

What I have: (Joomla! 3.1.5)
    http://gensettraders.co.za/index.php/link/link-4/link-4-1

For some reason the disjointed rollover does not work here, even though the js-files are linked correctly. Since I am not a coder, I need a JS-expert to check if the script needs to be adjusted for Joomla!. I have the option to have this in pure CSS but then I loose the transition effect.

Can you please check and let me know.

Best Regards, Deon.

Senff
    Participant

The page loads FOUR different versions of the jQuery library, AND the MooTools library. I can’t imagine that going well.

deonholt
    Participant

Ok, it does make sense. It’s Joomla! loading all of that. I will try to duplicate this on another html page on my local machine and see what happens. I will have the page loading everything that is being loaded now.
    I wonder if it is possible to have J! not loading all of that.

Thank you once again.

__
    Participant

I wonder if it is possible to have J! not loading all of that.

You could stop using Joomla!. That might work.

Seriously, though, after a quick search I don’t see any J! methods for removing scripts – just for adding them. I don’t use J!, though, so such a function might exist. The alternative is to go through your templates+modules and manually remove them (then make sure everything still works).

deonholt
    Participant

Traq, you’re touching a very sensitive point here.

I have considered many times to move back to mySQL & PHP.

I’m not a coder and therefor had to use a lot of extensions to create web sites … but I managed. I chose to try out J! because it looked easy to work with and have already spent a lot of money on modules and stuff for this J! site. Maybe I should just go back to mySQL & PHP.

But, I can immediately think of a J!-plugin I’m going to want/need that I have in J!, and that is an extension/script that cause all images to open up in a popup when clicked on. I am sure there is something like that?

Thanx for stirring. ;)
    Deon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.