Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Is is possible to install WP in one part of a website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Puzzel3141

I was wondering if it would be possible to install WordPress in only one part of my website; for example, http://www.example.com/blog. I like the format through which you can post things, but I want to create the homepage by hand for the most part. Or, does anyone know a way (or tutorial) to create your own system where you can easily post things to your website and have people comment on it.

TheDoc

I would say that WordPress doesn’t have to be specific to a single section of your website. You can have as customized templates as you’d like with WordPress – including your home page.

Puzzel3141

Can you make it so that the homepage of the WP site is just a html file you give it? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I’m new to this.

Puzzel3141

Hmm… Thanks! I should probably just look into it more. Sorry if these are dumb questions, I’m new to HTML/CSS/Websites in general :)

Brightonmike

Your WordPress home page can have anything you want on it just like any other page. It doesn’t have to have your blog on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.