Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS iPad – page occupies entire width

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ayusman33
    Participant

Hi,

We have implemented an application and it runs well in desktops. But when opened in iPad; the actual width of the application is 948PX but it occupies the entire 1024PX of the iPad screen. Basically the page is stretching or zooming automatically. I tired using all the various viewport meta tags but it does not help. Now I am scaling the application based on the media queries. basically the application is zooming when opened in iPad at any landscape or portrait view. The application works well when I try to render in Chrome using iPad. But we are using a browser called DoCan and it only happens in DoCan browser. Please note that Docan browser belongs the webkit family.

Has any experienced similar issue and was able to fix?

I want to fix the actual issue rather than using the scaling.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Ayusman

uxfed
    Participant

It might have to do with a missing viewport tag. Try the example at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Mobile/Viewport_meta_tag#Viewport_basics

ayusman33
    Participant

I have tried everything. Nope.

uxfed
    Participant

It’s hard to diagnose without being able to see it. A link to the site would help.

I should say I’ve never heard of the browser you mentioned. Its eccentricities will depend on how much it deviates from webkit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.