Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Integrating Vanilla with WordPress comments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Darfuria

I’m loving the use of Vanilla here – it’s really nice. I’ve been checking it out lately, and integration with the WP users table is pretty easy (well, there’s a nice guide on it). I was wondering if anyone had delved deeper than that and managed to integrate Vanilla with WordPress comments (similar to the functionality you can achieve with bbPress, SimplePress and phpBB3 sometimes). I’ve not found much on that so far.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

That’d be pretty rad, except for one thing. I wouldn’t want to enable registration from the WordPress side. As soon as you have that turned on and opened up to all, you’ll get a flood of spam registrations to it. It doesn’t have reCaptcha integration as this Vanilla signup does. So far, it has stopped spam registrations here cold.

OliverJAsh

I’m actually looking into how you integrate a Vanilla forum into WordPress. Where is this guide you are referring to?

t.sjogren

Hi Oliver
    I compleated a vanilla + WP project a few weeks ago. It was a migration from bbPress.
    In that project i tested out different levels of integration. Embed vanilla, proxy connect, template styling. I ended up with importing the users(no login integration) and just styling the header, footer and colors.
    The only thing i would like to change is integration the header and footer from WP instead.
    What kind of integration are you looking for?

There is also another thread here. https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/11731/vanilla-custom-theme-question#Item_1

Mcneri

The integration here looks really nice. It is very “comfy”. I think if one could have SSO or Gravatars integration that should do. Linking both may be useful but may be too much of a hassle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.