Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript integrate jQuery BBQ into this AJAX

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m trying to be able to navigate through my AJAX loaded content using clean URL without “#”. jQuery BBQ plug-in seems like a good choice but i cant get it to work with my AJAX. Anyone know how i can implement it or use a different/better method? Here is m AJAX

$(document).ready(function() {

//set your initial pages when website loads
        $("#content-container").load("content/corporate.php"); // set initial home page
        $("#sidebar-container #sidebar-content-container").load("content/sidebar-content/poll-faq.php"); // set initial sidebar page

// content container load content based on nav tab clicked
        $("#nav-tabs-list li").click(function() {
            var page = $("a", this).attr("href"); // get the url of the tab clicked
            $("#content-container").load("content/" + page); // load content inside #content-container
            return false;
        });

// sidebar container load content
        $("#sidebar-container #sidebar-tabs-container a").click(function() {
            var page = $(this).attr("href"); //get the url of the tab clicked
            $("#sidebar-container #sidebar-content-container").load("content/sidebar-content/" + page); //load content
            return false;
        });

});

Anonymous
    Inactive

At this point i still haven’t found a solution. So i’m willing to use “#” to send users to a specific AJAX loaded content on my page using url.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No. although i’m not even sure if that AJAX is very efficient. My objective is to have the ability to send users to a specific page in the content-container where the AJAX loads the pages using url. I was thinking of trying out history API but its not compatible with many browsers. I want to try out jQuery BBQ but have no idea how to use it. And the documentation is hard for me to understand as i just started learning jQuery. I don’t know if this will help much but i created this pen to show what i’m currently working with http://codepen.io/Jarolin/pen/Lrtcp. When i click a nav link the external html page will load within the content-container div. it wont work there but its just to see if it will help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would rather stick with using hash. I it to be compatible with IE 8 +. :P

CrocoDillon
    Participant

It will be, graceful degradation :) Personally I would keep hashes for their intended use and go with history api. Future proof.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I finally got the hash working exactly the way i want to and wouldn’t want to mess that up. Although i’m wondering if theres a way to use history API, but if the user is on an unsupported browser automatically switch to hash.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.