Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE8 showing gap when rendering page in IE7 View/Std. mode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    itaid

Hi

I have encountered a mysterious 5px gap when running the following code in IE8 while forcing it to use IE7 View/Std, using “IE Developer Tools”. The vertical gap exists near the bottom on the page between <div id="clr"> and <div id="ddl_items">

Does anyone know what’s happening here?

Thanks!

-Itai

Code:

simoneshaw

I’m having a very similiar problem with IE9 rendering in IE7. Same 5px gap between

s and showing the background colour of the parent

driving me nuts… Feels like it should be something obvious but can’t crack it.
    simoneshaw

I’m having a very similiar problem with IE9 rendering in IE7. Same 5px gap between
    divs and showing the background colour of the parent div driving me nuts… Feels like it should be something obvious but can’t crack it.

ozee

If this is happening to more than one person, it would lead me to the conclusion that the Developer tools built into IE8 and 9 are flawed. Have you tried the actual browser? There is also the possibility of browser defaults giving you an issue. Firefox has an add-on that can allow you to use it in compatibility with different browsers. Here’s the link, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59/?src=api

I work on a mac, so I am unable to confirm what I said, simply a hunch and opinion, however, the User Agent Switcher is a great tool to try instead and see if you get the same thing. If you do, I recommend using some kind of reset on the page to make sure that all elements are being taken back to zero.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.