Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE7 Unordered List (of) Problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    emilyp

I have a website that uses jQuery and AJAX There is a main Products page, and a subnav of product types. Each product page is two columns which are floated in the main area. In IE7, the products pages load (html AJAX), but the unordered list items have problems:

1. The text starts at the correct point, but the bullet images (default) are missing.
    2. The text extends into the right column.
    3. When the list is expanded the list items do not always take up the available width, so they produce a tall column of text that overlaps the text below.

I’m not sure if that is very clear. I put up a page to help show what the problems are. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Test Page

Also, I am trying to find a good reference for IE’s CSS bugs (kind of like a cheat sheet). Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Emily

emilyp

Hmm…I’m not sure what the problem is. Here is what I am seeing:

Screenshots

jfreehill

Sorry I don’t feel like busting open VMWare at the moment to inspect, but here’s some great reference links for IE’s CSS bugs:

1. IE CSS Bugs That’ll Get You Every Time – CSS Tricks
    2. IE Bug Explorer – PositionIsEverything.net

The second link (along with other parts of that guys site) is pretty much known as the go-to resource for IE issues. Don’t be fooled by the old-school site design, the guy is clearly more technically minded and does a helluva job explaining the problems and fixes. There’s a million other resources for dealing with IE bugs but these should help you with most anything.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.