Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE7 CSS Issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lprintz
    Participant

Hello all!

I’m having a heck of a time dealing with IE7 issues on a website I’m working on.

If you look at top right of the header of http://www.americasjobexchange.com in IE7, you’ll see the phone number pushing the banner down.

I have a conditional IE7 stylesheet I’m playing with but, for the life of me, I can’t seem to solve this. Do I need to break this out of a list to get it to play nice?

Len

Senff
    Participant

You’re using some CSS that IE7 has trouble with.

For example, *:first-child+html #aje-video-job is understood by modern browsers (and ignored, because it’s a declaration that is very specific and doesn’t occur anywhere in the document), but IE7 does apply it to #aje-video-job and that’s why that element is 600px wide.

It’s used in a lot of other places, so I would suggest to get rid of all those anyway, since they don’t have value for modern browsers, and screw up older browsers.

lprintz
    Participant

Thanks Senff…that definitely explains the issue with the callouts at the bottom.

But actually, I was concerned with the phone number and banner at the top. I tried messing with the widths of the <p>s, negative margins (yuck) but to no avail :(

Senff
    Participant

I actually don’t see anything wrong in IE7 with the phone number and the banner. It all looks good for me…

On another note: you entered content in your latest post that screws up the layout of this page. Please don’t edit/fix it, so Chris can look into this bug.

lprintz
    Participant

I’m so sorry…it’s on the EMPLOYER side!

http://www.americasjobexchange.com/employer/

Senff
    Participant

Make sure that :

• #questions-employerlink .list-item has float:left
    • #questions-employerlink .call-number has a top margin of 11px
    • all styles related to #questions-employerlink in ie7_new.css are removed

Can’t say for sure it’ll fix it but give it a try.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.