Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE alignment problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chipchops
    Participant

I have a list of words along side a list of images.

The images line up with the words in all browsers but IE. in IE the images appear as though they have a much smaller line height

Not sure how to get it right in IE, tried adding a specific class and specifying line height but nothing changed.

You see what I mean here

TheDoc

IE7 and IE8 look fine to me – not sure what I’m supposed to be seeing that is broken?

chipchops
    Participant

really? for me in IE under the heading skills at a glance the stars don’t line up with the corresponding words on the left…

TheDoc

Ah! Now that is more specific!

IE won’t respect the line-height being applied to an image. I might have to suggest a separate approach. Is there any reason why you want them to be two separate lists? Surely it’d be easier in the long run to have it be one list with the stars on the same line.

chipchops
    Participant

yeah i was put off by that idea initially because I wanted the text to be right aligned and the images left but now I see that applying a left margin to the images would sort that out…i’m gonna get to it
    :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.