Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE 7 and IE 8 making me want to gauge my eyes out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    indian

I have a site that I’m working on that looks great in all browsers except for IE8 and back. Unfortunately I clearly went about developing this site the wrong way and did very little browser testing early on. Anyway the point is this: I’m in between a rock and hard place right now trying to wrestle with hasLayout BS that frankly I don’t understand.

I have two unordered lists that are “sub-menus” floated left and right above the masthead on my site. In IE 8 and 7 (i’m not worrying about 6) the

• ‘s are stacking on top of eachother and aren’t displaying essentially in the inline-block style which i would like. (i’m not actually using display:inline-block)… I’ve set them to display:inline, I’ve tried display:block, floating them.. Its really making me pull my hair out.

Actually, all of the unordered lists in my header are stacking and not displaying the way I want. I really need them to just be in a line..

If anyone has any tips or if this sounds familiar please help because I feel like I’m developing ulcers

indian

oh, IE also won’t stop bulleting my lists even though I’ve specified for it not to virtually every way I feel like i know how

Remeste

Can you provide a link?

I seem to remember something like this working for me before.

ul li { display: inline; }
ul li a { float: left; }
indian

yes i will post a link momentarily. I have to launch the site without support for these two browsers sadly.. a link will follow shortly.

stian

Add this

li {
*display : inline;
*zoom : 1;
}

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.