Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other I would like some advice on how to charge clients

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    iizag
    Participant

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction or offer advice.

My goal is to come up with some sort of recurring payment plan, so that way any work I am asked to do by a client does not result in me having to set X price for the list of tasks they want me to complete every single time they want something. Because this causes the client to rethink and be uneasy about changes, since every time they want to do something it will cost money.

I would prefer to make a website for a client and then say it will be $X for the project and there will be a recurring $X cost per year, which covers X amount of hours of work that is at no additional cost. Having something like this will allow me to continue making a profit from creating clients websites regardless if they want me to do additional changes to there website and it will cover the work I put in that the clients do not see which is updates of plugins, backups, and tests to make sure all forms are working correctly etc.

Questions
    1) Do you have any examples of a model like this I can set and what do you think of this model?

2) Is this a model that is common?

3) Do you think clients would find a red flag in having to pay for the completion of the project AND a recurring yearly charge?

4) When you charge a client to make there site, lets say you use there credit card to pay for a hosting plan from an online hosting company, is that cost included already in your estimate with the client or is that additional to what you charge to complete the project? For example: you charge $2,000 to make a site. Does that cost the client only $2,000 or does the client pay something like $2,300 , the extra $300 being outsourced costs like domains, hosting, logo etc. ?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.