Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS I need few tips on how to choose the best way to have a website in 3 different languages?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Diniz76
    Participant

I have it in English (Uk), And I want to advertise in Brazil (Portuguese language), should I have both language (English and Portuguese) on the same domain? Or should I have another local domain for Brazil as in the search optimization people in Brazil would be much more likely to find my website.

Please someone can advise me?

Thanks
    Diniz76

grimslayer
    Participant

Hi Diniz76, I have just finished creating a bilingual website which you can take a look at here http://gencomms.co.uk/

Personally I would use a .com domain name and let the user choose what language they would like to visit the site in.

When people search for your site in Portuguese or any other language that your site is in your site should appear in that language in search engines.

The method I used for the site above is search engine friendly and remembers what language the user has selected before.

To use the method I used your site would have to be coded in PHP. The text then will come from seperate language files.

If you are interested in the method I have used, I will email you over everything that is needed to do it.

Does what I have said make sense to you? If you copy and paste the welsh content and english content from the site above into a search engine you will see what I am trying to explain.

Diniz76
    Participant

Hey grimslayer, thanks a lot for reply, I am actually away at the moment but will be back next week to my home country and will look at it in detail, and will let you know.

Diniz76

JapaneseDear

For that is there perfect wordpress plugin -qTranslate. I am building site with two languages at the moment.

JapaneseDear

For that is there perfect wordpress plugin -qTranslate. I am building site with two languages at the moment.

Billy
    Participant

I’m just doing mine with two of each page; one in each language. Of course it doubles the amount of pages for the website, but seeing as I only know HTML and CSS, I don’t want to copy paste some other code to make it easier.
    My website is in English and French.

Senff
    Participant

If you use WordPress for the site, you may want to look into WPML, I found it to be the perfect plugin for multilanguage sites. Not free ($80), but definitely worth the money.

It includes the option to have your two different sites on one domain, like this:
    http://www.site.com/eng
    http://www.site.com/por

Or you can set it to different domains:
    eng.site.com
    por.site.com

Stuff like that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.